The Harley P. Chase Post No.1265, Veterans of Foreign Wars, was formally instituted on November 16, 1924 at the Central Theater in Pawcatuck, Connecticut. Shelby C. Nicholas was installed as the Post Commander. The ceremonies were preceded by a parade from the Vets Hall to the Theater.The Corps of Color Guards from Waterbury, Connecticut marched with them. There were 86 charter members in the ranks on that day. The Post has grown over the years from the original 86 members to a high of 616 in 1994. We presently have over 350 members; over 50% are Life Members. The Ladies Auxiliary was formed in 1926 and has over 100 members. The Post continues to be active in community affairs, supporting the local Little League baseball team and working with the Boy Scouts.