About

In 1963, a man by the name of Martin Olson bought the land where Olde Mistick Village currently resides. He originally planned to build a mall on the land, known then as Perkin’s Farm. Edward Malley Company of New Haven, CT advised him not to pursue the mall construction because the local population was not sufficient enough to support it. Martin’s twin son and daughter, Jerry and Joyce Olson, decided to build a 1720-style Colonial village with a Meeting House, inspired after Peddlers Village in Pennsylvania. Joyce managed the property while Jerry headed the construction, which began in 1972.

Past Print Ads